Sonicmail - POP3 Email Notifier GNOME Applet
Sonicmail is a POP3 email notifier GNOME applet. It will notify you when you
receive new emails by displaying a selectable icon in the applet. Also,
optionally, a sound may be played. Sonicmail is fully configurable.
Sonicmail is free software, distributed under the
GNU General Public Licence.
- Sun Mar 24 2002: Added a Sonicmail Alpha RPM to the Sourceforge file
repository. Thankyou to Allen Ziegenfus for providing this.
- Tue July 30 2001: Latest Sonicmail source is now kept in CVS. See the
Anonymous CVS Access
page on the Sonicmail Sourceforge Project Page for details. The latest Sonicmail
source (in CVS only) now has the new added feature of the Sonicmail mail log
window. Please test this latest source and report bugs to me by email. I will
be making a new release very soon!
- Thurs Feb 8 2001: Sonicmail 0.1.4 has been released. It fixes a potential bug and the configure scripts/makefiles should now allow non-root installs.
- Mon Feb 5 2001: Yes, Sonicmail is still alive! Sonicmail-0.1.3 has
been released. ESD (Enlightenment Sound Daemon) is now supported by Sonicmail.
An RPM is available for
(i finally worked out how to use RPM :).
- Thurs Aug 31 2000: Sonicmail 0.1.2 is released. Email is now
immediately checked when the applet is clicked (thanks go to Saravanan Subbiah
for contributing code to do this). Saravanan also contributed some Netscape theme pixmaps that
are included in this distribution. No other changes.
- Sat Aug 26 2000: Sonicmail 0.1.1 released. This is a maintenance
release only. People who had problems with 0.1.0 may try using 0.1.1 (note: no
additional feautures are in 0.1.1 apart from a debug mode and a potential bug
- Wed Aug 23 2000: Sonicmail 0.1.0 released.
Let me know how it goes. If
you make your own pixmaps/wavs, i'd be more than happy to put them up on this page
and possibly include them in the distribution (just email me).
Project Developer/Administrator: Cameron Edwards, email
Project hosted by
Copyright © 2001 Cameron Edwards.